The 2014 Midwest Beatbox Battle will be held Saturday, August 2nd at Strongwater in Columbus, Ohio. This national beatbox event is the third annual battle organized by Shut Your Mouth & Beatbox (SYMAB) which is a group of beatboxers dedicated to the art & uprising of American Human Beatboxing. This is the first year The Midwest Beatbox Battle is working directly with the World Beatbox Association and The 2014 American Beatbox Championship as well. The Top 2 competitors in The 2014 Midwest Beatbox Battle will get a guaranteed placement in The 2014 American Beatbox Championship this October.
This year's event will include an open elimination round, in which 30+ beatboxers from across America will compete for a Top 16 placing in The 2013 Midwest Beatbox Battle. There will also be many showcase performances throughout the day as well as a DJ spinning some of the best hip-hop and electronic music between battles and performances. The “Top 16” beatboxers will be battling face-to-face on stage for a grand prize package, guaranteed placement in The 2014 American Beatbox Championship & 1st place title of The 2014 Midwest Beatbox Battle.
This event will be nationally marketed and participated. The City of Columbus, Ohio will be a prime location for this year’s battle. With an easy to find, comfortable venue conveniently located near Downtown, our promotional opportunities are immense. Expected audience is well over 500 attendees between the ages of 18 and 40. There will be vending space and opportunities available for food (outside only), clothing, apparel, and other products. Potential sponsors and vendors interested in advertisement with this event can contact us here.
- BBK - 2012 Toronto Beatbox Battle Champion
- C-Fresh - 2014 Great North Beatbox Battle Champion
- Yuri Lane - Professional American Beatboxer
OPEN ELIMINATION RULES
- ALL AGES OPEN ELIMNATION
- Registration and check-in required before start of event.
- Names drawn from a hat or bucket to determine open elimination order.
- Elimination rounds will be 2 minutes minimum and 3 minutes maximum.
- Judges will score contestants according to 5 catergories of criteria.
- The 16 highest ranked contestants will advance to the battles.
- The Top 16 contestants will battle according to rank / score. (1v16, 2v15, 3v14, 4v13, 5v12, 6v11, 7v10, etc.)
- One contestant will be allowed to choose the coin flip. The contestant who wins the initial coin flip will be allowed to choose who goes first.
- Battles will be ABAB Format. Each battle will be 1:30 (one minute; thirty seconds) rounds, except for the FINAL ROUND, which will be 2:00 (two minute) rounds.
- Judges will hold up a card to determine who the winner will be. The contestant who receives the most votes from the judges panel will move on to the next battle round.
- Judges are allowed 3 overtime rounds, which can be used at any time during any battle, but must be agreed amongst the majority of judges. Overtime rounds will be :30 (thirty seconds) each.
LOCATION: STRONGWATER - COLUMBUS, OHIO
JFLO - 2013 WINNER
Long Island, New York
AMIT - 2012 WINNER
Queens, New York
PRE-SALE: $15General Admission Pre-Sales ONLY! $20 at door, day of event.
GROUP DISCOUNTS AVAILABLE FOR 4+ TICKETS
VIP PASS (21+): $35VIP includes All Access Pass, 1 FREE T-Shirt & 2 FREE drinks.
VIP PASS (Under 21): $30VIP (Under 21) includes All Access Pass & 1 FREE T-Shirt.
The 2014 Midwest Beatbox Battle T-Shirt
Limited quantities available. Pre-order yours today!
*PRE-ORDER ONLY! Meaning the shirts will be available for pick-up on Saturday, August 2nd @ The 2014 Midwest Beatbox Battle.
**Mail order shirts not available until after August 2nd.
Donations are not required, but greatly appreciated in order to help run smooth, successful events. Thank you for your consideration & contribution!